What We Believe
- To obey the Great Commandment: Matthew 22:36-40
- To carry out the Great Commission: Matthew 28:18-20
- To yield to the Great Commitment: Luke 9:23
- To await the Great Commencement: Luke 12:36
- To build up the True Church: Ephesians 4: 11-16
- To earnestly contend for "THE FAITH": Jude 3
We do not offer programs that appeal to or entertain the flesh.
We do offer worship, Bible classes, Bible lessons, Bible messages and Bible counsel that feed and nurture the soul.
1. There is only one true God, existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit); coequal and co-existent from all eternity, with distinct personalities but one essence and nature. I Cor. 8:5-6; II Cor. 13:14; Heb. 1:1-4; John 14:16-17, 26; John 15:26; John 16:7-15; Matt. 3:16-17.
2. Jesus Christ is God the Son, coequal and coexistent with the Father and the Holy Spirit; He came to the world, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of a Virgin; He lived without sin and gave himself as a sacrifice to pay the penalty for the sins of all mankind; He arose bodily, ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father; he is now the head of the Church; and will come soon in power and Glory as King of kings and Lord of lords. Acts 1: 9-11; Heb. 4:14; Eph. 1:20-21; Eph. 2:8-9; John 10:28.
3. The Holy Spirit is coequal and coexistent with the Father and the Son; He came into the world in his fullness at Pentecost and will work until the close of the Church Age; His work consists of: (1) The exalting of Jesus Christ and His teaching, (2) Convicting sinners by use of the Holy Scripture, (3) Regenerating and indwelling the heart of a repentant sinner, and (4) Leading and guiding the saints in all truth and righteousness. Gen. 1:1-3; Matt. 28:19; Mark 1:8; Luke 1:35; Luke 24:49; John 1:33; John 3:5-6; John 14:16-17; John 14:26; John 16:8-1 1; Acts 5:30-32; Acts 11:16; Romans 8:14, 16, 26-27
4. We believe that the sixty-six canonical books of the Bible (in their original writing) are the plenary verbally inspired Word of God. There are no other books or writings that are inspired of God. We believe that the Bible is inerrant, infallible and eternally God�s Divine Revelation to man. The Bible is the only source of absolute truth and is to be used as the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. We use the Kings James translation of the Scriptures. II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 1:19-21; Heb. 1:1-2; Ps. 119:89; Isa. 40:8
5. Satan was originally Lucifer, the greatest of God's created angels; because of pride, he rebelled against God causing his fall and sin; He is a real being not just an evil influence; his desire is to reign as God and receive the worship of men. Isa. 14:12-17; Matt. 4:1-11; II Cor. 4:4; Rev. 20:10
6. Originally man was created in innocence and purity in the likeness and image of God. Adam chose to follow his own will instead of God's command. The result of his rebellion (sin) was separation from God and death to his spiritual nature. All men inherit Adam's fallen nature and are sinners by nature and conduct. Because of the sin nature (rebellion against God's will) all men are condemned to eternal separation from God. Gen. 3:1-6; Rom. 1:18, 32; Rom. 3:10-19, Rom. 5:12,19
7. Salvation is the effect of regeneration by the Spirit and the Word, not by works, but by Grace through Faith. Isa. 53:4-7; Jonah 2:9; Matt. 18:11; John 3:16; Acts 1 5:11 ; Rom. 3:24-25; I Cor. 15:3; II Cor. 5:21; Eph. 2:8; Phil. 2:7-8; Heb. 2:14-17; I Peter 2:24; I John 4:10
8. Concerning Predestination and Election we believe:
(a.) That Christ died for all men's sin (Rom. 5:6, 8; II Cor. 5:15)
(b.) That God's will is "for all" men to be saved (I Tim. 2:4-6)
(c.) That because of man's total depravity he is dead spiritually and God must initiate (give Grace) the ability to have faith to come to Christ for the gift of salvation. God does this through both supernatural and natural means (Holy Spirit, the Bible and Christian witness). John 16:7-14; Rom. 1:16; Rom. 10:13-17
(d.) That man responds to this call of God by:
(1) Repenting (expressing a desire to turn from) of sin (rebellion against God's authority). Acts 17:30; II Peter 3:9
(2) Placing his faith in Christ (trusting the atonement of Calvary as the payment for ALL sin). Eph. 3:17, Eph. 2:8, Gal. 2:20
(3) Asking God for His gift of salvation (receiving the gift of forgiveness: Justification: Spiritual Life). John 4:10
(e.) That God, the Holy Spirit then:
(1) Quickens the soul, (brings about spiritual life). Eph. 2:5
(2) Takes up abode within the soul. Rom. 8:11. John 14:23b
9. Justification is that judicial act of God whereby He declares the believer righteous upon the basis of the imputed righteousness of Christ; that it is bestowed, not in consideration of any work of righteousness which we have done, but solely through faith in the Redeemer's shed blood.
Rom. 4:5; Rom. 5:1, 9; Gal. 2:16; Phil. 3:9
10. The imminent return of Christ for His Church, followed by a period of tribu- lation upon the earth; concluded by a period of 1000 years with Christ ruling and reigning over the entire world, fulfilling the covenants and promises made to the nation of Israel. I Thess. 4:13--5:11; I Cor. 15; II Thess. 2:1-12; Rev. 20:4-5.
11. There will be a physical bodily resurrection of all dead. Those who lived in "the Faith" will be resurrected to everlasting life and all others will be resurrected to eternal damnation in the Lake of Fire. I Cor. 15; II Cor. 5:1-10; Rev. 20:11-14; I Thess. 4:13-18.
12. We believe and practice ecclesiastical and personal separation based on Scripture. II Cor. 6:14-18; Eph. 5:7-11; II Thess. 3:6.
13. Since music is such a powerful influence in our lives, we encourage and practice careful examination of all music to be used for entertainment and worship. The music should be examined by the standards and rules of the science and art of music. The lyrics should be carefully examined according to scriptural standards and principles. If the music and lyrics do not honor and glorify God, we do not use them in our worship and we discourage its use as entertainment. Psa. 33:1-4; Psa. 92:1-3; Psa. 105:2; Eph 5:19; Col 3:16
14. We do not approve of nor use the deceptive methods of the modern charismatic movement. We believe the signs and wonders movement will be used to usher in the false church of the Antichrist. The justified ones have always walked by faith in the Word of God, not by miracles and wonders. Matt. 12:38-40; Matt. 24:24; II Thess. 2:7-10.
15. We believe that Worship is a spiritual activity and the only worship God accepts is that which is initiated from the soul by the spirit. Worship should be a sacred, holy and reverend time of giving honor, praise and thanks to the Lord our God. We attempt to conduct our worship services in such an order that people may truly focus their attention on Christ and worship him from their spirit and that the people may receive sound doctrinal preaching to feed their souls. Ps. 95:6; Psa. 96:8-9; John 4:24; Acts 17: 24-25; Rom. 1:9; Phil. 3:3; Heb. 10:25; I Pet. 2:5
16. We believe that marriage should be a sacred covenant between one man and one woman for a life time. Anyone seeking to be married by the Pastor or in this church must take the counseling course on marriage and family living. We believe that divorce is a sin and that marriage after divorce is a sin. We also believe that God forgives and cleanses all sin, therefore the sin of divorce and remarriage can be forgiven and cleansed. Matt. 5: 31-32; Matt. 19: 3-12; Luke 16:18; I Cor 7:10-17
NOTE: Some offices within the Church, such as Pastor, Elder or Deacon have Scriptural qualifications that limit those who can hold that office. For example the Bible qualification for the position of Pastor does not allow women, a man who has divorced and remarried, or a man with a rebellious wife or unruly children. (I Tim 3: 1-13; Titus 1:5-9)