Serving the Lord and the local church through puppets, ventriloquism, chalk art, vocal and instrumental music and old fashioned Bible preaching.
S i n g a p o r e

Singapore 2005Singapore 2005Barry, Cheryl, Bethany, and Rachel departed San Francisco on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 and arrived in Singapore on Thursday. They had a youth evangelistic activity for Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship on their first Saturday there. Barry preached for the regular EBF Sunday morning services. On Monday through Wednesday nights they held evangelistic youth services at Baptist Fellowship Church. Friday and Saturday nights the team held public evangelistic meetings in the Salvation Army center auditorium, which BFC rented for the occasion. Barry preached for the Sunday morning services at BFC. On Monday, the Webbs joined the folks from EBF and BFC as they boarded charter buses bound for Port Dickson, Malaysia. They traveled to a hotel by the sea for four days of Family Camp with both churches. It was a wonderful time, except that Barry caught a cold and had to put up with it for three days of camp while he spoke twice a day. On Friday the Webbs reboarded the buses and returned to Singapore. They finished their ministry there with Sunday morning Father's Day services at BFC.

Singapore 2005Singapore 2005The people of Singapore are very kind. Various people came by the Webbs' apartment each day to take them out for one or two meals and to sight see and shop between meetings. There are many large malls in Singapore. The Webbs think that shopping and eating out are the national pastimes of Singapore.

The trip went well. There were many good decisions made by Christians. The best thing, however, is that the team had the joy of seeing over 34 folks make professions of faith in Christ. Cheryl and the girls sang well. Cheryl also spoke to the ladies at family camp in a split session while Barry preached to the men.

Singapore 2005Singapore 2005The Webbs had to be at the airport on Monday morning by 4:00 AM as their flight was scheduled to leave at 6:00 AM. The Pastor picked them up at their lodgings at 3:30. Believe it or not, sixteen people came to the airport to see them off. It was a six and a half hour flight to Tokyo. They had a two hour layover there, followed by a nine hour flight back to San Francisco. So they left Singapore at 6:00 AM on Monday, and arrived in San Francisco at 9:30 AM the same day! It is great what crossing the International Dateline does your time.